sunflower

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kids

The kids are growing by leap and bounds these days it seems. Some of the things they do these days either crack us up or make us wonder ...

The other day I was getting the kids ready to go on an outing with daddy. I gave them breakfast, got their clothes on, brushed their teeth and hair and sat them all on the couch so I could go hunting for shoes. I found Dylan's first. I gave them to him and went on the hunt for a couple more pairs. When I returned with the other shoes, I noticed what appeared to be Dylan licking the bottom of his shoes. As I walked up to him it was clear...he WAS licking the bottom of his shoes. When I got them away I saw the bottoms were freshly wet. I almost lost my breakfast. I asked him why on earth he was licking them and his answer was "I am cleaning my dirty shoes, mom." So innocent, yet so gross!

Last night Madison wanted to have her toenails painted. I took her upstairs to our room and picked out just the right color pink. As I started to paint them the smile on her face grew bigger and bigger. She is ALL girl. She wouldn't stop thanking me for putting "nolish" on her toes and preceded to tell me I was her "best girly." This is a common conversation we have where I must respond by saying "...and do you know who my best girly is?" She proudly responds "ME!" I enjoy having a little girl time with her since we are clearly outnumbered in our house.

Since Christmas Noah is constantly "fixing" things around our house. Believe it or not, the "pretend" power tools and wrenches and screwdrivers actually do take things apart, so we are constantly having to "refix" things that he fixes. He even took apart their toy box last week!

Brett is at the age where things are constantly changing. Hugs are no longer a cool way to greet him at school. Leaving treats in his desk or notes in his lunch are no longer shared with friends, they are hidden. It's a little hard to adjust to a all the changes of a "tween." At least I know he is growing up and can take care of himself in most situations. I have to admit though...I am feeling a lot less "needed."

No comments: