sunflower

Saturday, March 20, 2010

In Like a Lion Out Like a Lamb

I was slightly confused when I woke up this morning. Yesterday afternoon the kids and I played outside in shorts and t-shirts and this morning as I looked out the window our yard was covered in snow! I'm pretty sure Chicago forgot to check the calendar to find it was supposed to be the first day of spring.

Well, it's 10 pm and still precipitating. Looking outside and seeing the tulips sprouting through the snow just doesn't seem right. There are many houses down our block that had such beautiful crocuses filling their yards. Spring? Please come soon.

This winter seems to be dragging on forever. I long for the fresh scent of spring to arrive in all it's glory. I want to see green grass and mulititudes of color springing from the ground. I am however reminded when I see the snow of God's goodness and grace. The fresh white blanket of snow is a reminder that my sins have been washed as white as the snow.

So, for now I will take this day as a great reminder. While the days last week brought out the flip flops, sunglasses and bikes and I was so very thankful to open a few windows...sadly it didn't press upon my heart to be thankful for God's gift of His Son and His sacrifice for us in a reminder the way this one day of snow did.

I will now stop complaining and get to bed and dream of the days ahead. But, today I am thankful for this great reminder and to my Savior for dying on a cold lonely cross to save me from my sins. I am also thankful for the sermon a great man named Dennis Mitchell preached from the word this week...so fitting.

No comments: