The last few weeks have been so that busy we decided to postpone a special night out for the two of us until late February. I know many people feel that it is a Hallmark holiday but it does have history. I have a child who lives & breathes history so I feel that I know a little something on the subject but I think I will spare you and myself from the story bc it's not exactly all about love. I'll leave it up to wikpedia to explain to all who are interested.
Since our first Valentine's James has always surprised me & spoiled me rotten on Valentines Day. For every holiday, birthday or special even my amazing husband has given me a hand-written note or card. I have saved each and every one. I still have the post-it note that was stuck to my door the night we got engaged that read "I love you. I bought you a little something. Please pick out something to wear for dinner tonight." After reading that note I opened the door to my room and round red rose petals on the floor spelling out 'I love you' and they were even on the bed along with a large box with a ribbon.
The funny thing is I didn't think anything of it. James has always been so sweet and really goes all out I thought we were just going out for a nice dinner...I had no idea he was about to scare the pants off me and appear in the doorway with a ring box! (I thought I was home alone after a long day at work;) Oh, and I said 'yes' by the way.
Another example of his sweetness was last spring. I was working at the TCS resale and had been there late into the evening. I was supposed to be home earlier to pick up dinner for the two of us, but that didn't happen. I called James on the way home and asked if he wanted me to pick up some dessert. He said no. So, I just drove home expecting to eat some leftovers and I almost fell over when I walked in the house. Not that I expected the house to be completely unruly, but it was shinning like the top of the Chrysler building and as I walked into the kitchen...I had no words. There in the kitchen was a beautiful table for two, complete with lit candles, a beautiful place setting and an amazing bouquet of flowers in the center. I was speechless! James knew I would be exhausted and hungry and he prepared me a feast of (my fav) crab cakes and a wonderful salad. He even picked up dessert! Thankful he's mine and blessed to be his. He is always thinking of me.
Well, this Vday was no different. I received the sweetest card and a beautiful little bouquet of pink roses & gerber daisies.... my favorite! And we even made it out to dinner by the end of the month to our favorite restaurant.
These days our life doesn't exactly give us much time for candlelight dinners alone, but I know neither of us would change it for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment