As we walked in the first exhibit we saw was the skyline of Chicago completely made out of Legos. There were even some mechanics involved and cars were driving, people were walking the lakefront and even boats entering the harbor.
Next we walked into a room with some lifesize figures. We saw Batman, some Star Wars characters and even a giant santa complete with presents all made from Legos. We then proceeded to go on a ride I would would compare to "It's a Small World" at Dinsney World. It was themed what I can only describe as 'old world dragon' and it was pretty cool. There were skeletons, a 30 ft. dragon and all the people/town were, you guesseed it, all made out of Legos.
Ater the ride we went upstairs and saw a 3D movie about a Lego town. Noah had to take his glasses off a couple times because there were all sorts of flying birds, insects and even a sword that cam pretty close to our faces;) Across the hall was a small room that they had replicated the process of how a Lego is made. A small girl acting like a goofy professor walked us through the process and in the end Noah walked up to her in all seriousness and told her "you are really smart." Too cute.
After all the info we took in it was time to get down to business. There is a playroom compete with a dozen tables of Legos. They are where kids can get their creative juices flowing. Noah has a blast buidling race cars and racing them down one of the many different ramps derby style. I thought were going to spend the night. I couldn't get him to leave.
Our last stop was to the gift shop. Noah got to choose a Lego set to take home and he picked a firetruck. I think it has over 250 pieces. The two of us had a great time together! On our way out we said goodbye to President Obama and headed home BUT not before a nice little Portillos dinner. After dinner I even suprised Noah and got him a piece of their chocolate cake. His chocoa smile was adorable and he grinned form ear to ear during the whole piece. What a special date with a special little boy I had.
No comments:
Post a Comment