What a great Father's Day weekend! I think we have finally grabbed a hold of summer here in Chicago. On Saturday, James took all 4 of the kids out of the house at 6 a.m. to go to "work" with him. They stopped and got breakfast (donuts) and then headed out to the nursery and greenhouse to get some more flowers and plants for our house and Grandma & Papa's. All 3 little ones "helped" daddy do planting and trimming while Brett caught up on some reading. He's only been out of school for 2 weeks and has already finished close to 8 books already this summer! After all the yards were perfectly primped it was lunch time. James & the kids picked up lunch and went to play at G & G Laslo's and pick some fresh veggies. Next came a trip to the bank (for suckers of course) and to the hardware, Home Depot, and car parts store.
Meanwhile, I was at home feeling extremely relaxed and getting much accomplished. After they left, I just got out of bed bc it was a little too quiet and started my day. I did 5 loads of laundry, ran a couple errands, and paid the bills all before noon....and I just thought "now what?" I NEVER have a Saturday all to myself! Well, after I got all my stuff done I decided to take advantage of a quiet, beautiful yard on a sunny day and get my suit on and sip fresh lemonade & nibble on some watermelon in the backyard. This has never happened and I have to say, it was WONDERFUL!!!
Finally around 1:30 my family arrived back home and spent the next hour cleaning and waxing James truck. The kids were having a blast! They were covered in bubbles and loved every minute. After we got everyone bathed and dressed we went out for dinner to celebrate James. He is truly a wonderful dad. I had a small idea when I met him over seven years ago that he was good with kids just watching him play, teach and love Brett, but had NO IDEA just how wonderful a father he really would become. Over the last few years he has really proved there isn't much he can't do. When needed he can do the laundry, clean, cook or grill a gourmet dinner, bath, dress, straighten hair, paint fingernails and take on a weekend alone with four kids. Pretty amazing if you ask me! Even after all that he still makes time for me.
The next day (which was actually Father's Day) we had my parents and sister over to celebrate my dad's birthday that was a day earlier. The kids played in their new sandbox, swam in the pool and played Bags...a new favorite game at the Laslo house. Overall the weekend was great and relaxing and needless to say, James went to bed pretty early that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment