sunflower

Monday, June 8, 2009

Almost Time...






Well, it's almost time for us to welcome Baby Laslo #5 into our family. When we found out it felt like we had years to get used to the idea that we would again have a baby in the house. It seemed over the winter that time stood still. Now here we are only five short weeks away! I know it sounds silly, but it feels like we haven't baby in our house in years...almost three! Hard to believe next month we will again have baby bottles, tiny diapers, midnight feedings, and all sorts of misc. baby gear.


I went to the doctor last week for another checkup and was able to schedule my c-section. The date is July 16th. I get asked a lot why a c-section? I had to have one w/ Madison & Noah because Noah was breach. Then, I was all ready to deliver naturally w/ Dylan, but I made it to my due date and they don't induce after you've already had a c-section because of serious risks. They also knew he was a big baby (10 lbs.) and they didn't want him to bake any longer. So, I had to have one with him. I knew from the beginning that I had to have another one this time around. I have no problems with another, I heal great.






Everything is ready. Bassinet, pack n' play, and changing table are in place. My bag is packed and lists are made for the hospital and for grandparents. James and I are SO incredibly ready to meet this new little one. I just need to do a couple more loads of baby blankets, wash the bottles, and buy some baby essentials and I am set. Not knowing what the sex of this baby is has been tough. I still have everything newborn from each of the kids so we are set either way, but the wait is killing me! Now I can understand why people want to find out...with 4 kids it sure would be nice to pull out the appropriate items and colors and be done, but there is something so fun about the surprise of NOT knowing! It's like opening a present from God...who wants to know what their present is before they open it?


The kids are still pretty confused. They still have no concept of time so it's hard to tell them when this baby is coming. They have been able to feel and see this baby move, but they don't really have a clue. Madison and Noah know there is a baby, but I am not sure they understand it going to be here to stay, and Dylan just thinks we are nuts when we tell him that there is a baby in my belly. Brett is very excited. He loves babies and is always a huge help when we have had one in our home. He has even given me some name suggestions! It's going to be quite an experience when they come to see their new sibling at the hospital. Probably even more so when we actually bring baby home! Please pray for us and an easy transition for all.

No comments: