A few days ago when we got our real first snowfall all the kids were ecstatic! They were jumping around the living room squealing that it was "winter!"
A little while later Madison came up to me with the most enthusiastic hop and brought me a picture she had colored. I thanked her for it but she told me it wasn't for me. She then began rambling as fast as she could (she can tell stories like an auctioneer she talks so fast;) and I heard something about Christmas, Santa and reindeer eating cookies and the snow. When I was finally able to calm her down so I could begin to understand her here is what she said:
"I am going to give this to Santa to take with him when he comes to eat our cookies. I want him to bring this back to God."
Hmmmm....we have gone over the story of the birth of Jesus over and over these last few weeks. She knows the story but she has also heard of Santa. I guess it can be a little confusing. So, last night we went over the stories again and reminded them why we get presents. Madison is convinced that Santa works for God. I tried to show her that the North Pole is really on earth and God lives in heaven which is not on earth....but again...how do you show a 4 year old where heaven is on a globe? We'll have to work on it some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment