sunflower

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wow!

Wow! ...that's all I can say about my special 30th birthday.

My entire life I have always loved birthdays. Not only my own, but just about everyone else also. There is just something so wonderful about them. If you've ever been to one of kid's parties you would know how I love to go all out and celebrate! Now that I am old enough to be excited about more than presents and cake, I am SO completely thankful to God for another year to serve Him. What an amazing feeling!

Well, my magical day began with little voices entering our room all wishing me a "Happy Birthday." Those voices were soon followed by some sweet little lips giving their Mama soft kisses all while wrapping their arms around my neck giving me super squeezers. After I made my way downstairs my wonderful husband had some coffee ready. Later that morning around 10 a.m. I was treated to a magnificent brunch! Since I am not a big breakfast eater (a yogurt will do) this feast was just perfect. James cooked up a storm and when I was finished eating he asked if I enjoyed my breakfast. I replied "yes, thank you" to which he replied "phase one complete."

James always has a way of making me feel so special, not only on my birthday, but just about everyday he finds a new way to spoil and amaze me. So, when I heard his sneaky reply I knew he was up to something, not sure what, but something. James is always up to something.

After brunch I showered and got ready for my noon manicure/pedicure appointment that James made for me. It was delightful! After my pampering was done I used some Godiva cards in the mall and got a whole assortment of Godiva chocolates for free!!!! Happy Birthday to me! (and thanks, Mom L;) After I took a small stroll through Oak Brook I got back into my car and called home. I only talked to James for a minute, but he asked if I enjoyed my time. I of course said yes and he replied "phase two complete." Oh brother... I love the man, but he sometimes marches to his own drummer;)

Just as I was leaving Oak Brook my sister called and asked if I wanted to meet her at a restaurant for some dessert. I called home to make sure it was okay and met her there in the afternoon. After we had a drink and some dessert I looked over and saw my cousin Mandy coming to our table. She decided to get off work early and surprise me and came bearing a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Mandy is exactly 1 month and 20 days older than me. I don't have many memories without her in them. I got in the car and had a message from James that Brett needed to be picked up from a friends house. This was not in the plans. We thought he was being brought home in time for dinner, Hmmmm.

I called James to let him know that I would just go from the restaurant to get Brett. He asked how my time was with the girls. "It was fun" I told him. I bet by now you can guess his reply...it was "phase three, complete." Strange, I know. Well, the dinner James had planned for me was now going to be postponed until the next day because of the time factor in getting Brett so we just ordered pizza. James also had to make it to BSF that night. After I arrived home I was pretty surprised to see my house was completely in order. Even the floors had been cleaned! There were beautiful bouquets of flowers on the table and my parents, sister and Aunt had all joined us for dinner.

After dinner it was time for cake. Not a store bought cake, but one that my wonderful husband and children make for me! It was a three tiered red velvet cake complete with cream cheese frosting and candles already on top. As James walked it over to me it was a site to see;) I blew out the candles and everyone had piece to enjoy.

I should also mention that after I came home and was surprised with beauty in the house James told me "phase four was complete." After the cake and ice cream I had some help opening my wonderful gifts. James always go all out and I love how proud he is when he buys me gifts. He wanted me to open them a couple days before;)...too sweet and excited that man is.

After all the kids were in bed, guests had gone home and James left for BSF, I saw a card on the table. Something James has done ever since we met is to get me card for everything. Even on Christmas he gives me card. They are not simply just cards...he has also always included a note inside and I don't think I have ever NOT read one with tears in my eyes.

What a wonderful day it was. There is nothing better than a little morning relaxation followed by a night full of my family. I am one blessed girl. So, the birthday continued this evening. Since James plans for an elaborate dinner were rained on by time constraints the night before, he cooked quite simply one of the best dinners I have ever had. He grilled some steak, made mashed potatoes, cauliflower w/ hollandaise sauce and king crab legs! What a feast! So, last night the two of us were together on the couch and he asked me how if I had a good birthday. I told him it was the best one yet. He then gave me a kiss and whispered "mission complete."

No comments: