April is usually a pretty busy month for us and one that is usually determined and planned while avoiding the April showers. This month so much is happening I can hardly keep it all straight. We had such a wonderful Easter last weekend. My parents came to our church in the morning to hear the kids sing. Just a week earlier as the children paraded through the sanctuary waving their palm branches, Madison almost wore a hole in the carpet dragging her feet and slithering through. She simply cannot stand people staring at her. But, on Easter morning I promised her that I would stand in the back so she could see me, and BOY was I surprised!!!
My beautiful little girl not only stood up there without covering her face but she also smiled with her whole little self and sang! I was standing in the back the whole time just glowing. The sound of all those little voices raising praises to our King was just amazing! I think I was fighting back tears nearly the entire time just watching Madison step out of her shell and watching her knowing she was so proud of herself. What a great morning.
After church we went to my uncle's house for our last big Holiday get together before he moves. He's not going far by any means, but the Engbers house was our "holiday" house growing up. Such wonderful memories of dinners, birthdays and sleepovers. I sure will miss going there but the Lord knows it's a time for change. I'm just glad my kids could be a part of the tradition of such wonderful time spent with family and friends there.
Uncle Doug or "Uncle Dog" as the kids cal him never disappoints. He always has something up his sleeve. This year as he knew he'd be moving he tried to get us to take home an extremely large organ that graced his living room for some time now. He even sat down at one point and was playing stadium songs with the kids and told them it would be fun to have at our house so we could learn all the Chicago Blackhawk music. Maybe even a future for one of our little Blackhawk fanatics? After all the organ playing and having a piece of the lamb cake the kids were ready to head out and hunt for Easter eggs. When all the baskets were full and the kids were quietly sneaking candy we got ready to head to our next destination....the Laslos'.
Thankfully the weather the gorgeous and when we arrived there the kids got to go on another hunt. Just as they were finishing up collecting the last of the eggs the giant rain drops began to fall. Luckily we moved everyone inside before the true storm rolled in. There was thunder that shook the house and lightning that illuminated the heavens. Round two of dessert followed and the kids of course snuck more of their candy. I'm pretty sure Dylan has been doing so for days now. Every time I see him he is chewing on something. Mr. Honesty even asked me to move his basket further on the counter so he couldn't reach it...maybe he finally got a tummy ache;)
Well, this week we finally had the new swing set installed. I LOVE IT! For the past two days we have watched the kids explore and play on their new equipment. It was a surprise for all of them. After it was installed I have to admit I wandered into the backyard and tried it out. I think it';s been a while since I've been on swing and I loved every minute of it! The biggest attraction to the kids is the tire swing. We even had to have Dylan lay down a bit after riding he was on for so long and got a bit too dizzy.
Now we are onto the countdown before we have two little ones turning 5! I'm in a bit of denial about it and I'll share it in another post, but for now it's planning week. We have a party in works for Sunday afternoon and hope the weather cooperates. I'd rather have two dozen people outside enjoying the day than inside bumping into one another;)
No comments:
Post a Comment