sunflower

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's been a while

Well, it's been a while. I thought starting a blog would be a little easier than answering emails and sending pictures to dozens of family members, but that proved to be a challenge for me. I had good intentions, but as a mom of four, time was just not on my side. Here's a little recap of the rest of our winter and early spring.

In January I started watching my friends little guy Darren, who was 20 months. Madison, Noah & Dylan loved having a little playmate....or, actually someone that they could all boss around. The poor little guy was used as a dress up doll, a horse to ride on, someone to strap into our doll stroller and push around and finally someone else they could tell to go do all the bad stuff they knew they couldn't do. Example: One day Madison and Dylan were playing in the kitchen and they know they are NOT to open the pantry and help themselves. So, one morning after Darren arrived and I went upstairs to collect my never ending piles of laundry, Madison & Dylan decided to get him to go open it. They had him grabbing all kinds of goodies. I came down not even 2 minutes later to find them all sitting in the kitchen eating various snacks. They were even smart enough to tell my right away that it was Darren who did, knowing I was not going to discipline him. Overall the next few months w/ Darren were really fun for the kids. We miss him now that spring is here and I don't watch him anymore;(

The rest of the winter was pretty uneventful.

It seemed to be not only uneventful, but a LONG winter! In April we celebrated Madison & Noah's 4th birthday. Usually by April 15th the tulips are blooming and the weather is mild and sunny enough for an outdoor party...only this year that was not the case. We gathered together (all 25 of us) inside the house this year for their party. The kids had a blast! It's always nice to get our families and friends together for the day. It seems these days the only time we get together is for the Holidays because everyone carries such a busy schedule.


I hope to be a little better at postings;) Stay tuned!

No comments: