sunflower

Friday, May 29, 2009

My Little Animals

On Friday my cousin Mandy & I took the three littlest Laslos to the Brookfield Zoo. It was a perfect day...72 degrees and party sunny. I have to say I was a little nervous as this was our first time to the zoo EVER without our triple stroller, but w/ Mandy's help I was able to keep everyone somewhat together. The kids loved their new freedom to run freely to each new animal and attraction. It was fun to see them remember different facts and names as we strolled through the animal houses.








Each of them had a specific animal in mind before we left for the zoo that they must see. Noah wanted to see the dolphins, Madison wanted to see the elephants (which were of course not out that day) and Dylan wanted to see the sting rays. Last summer/fall they had an exhibit called Sting Ray Bay. There were sting rays in a large pool that you could pet and feed and I was really surprised that Dylan wanted anything to do with them after his experience last fall. He went to put his hand in and a sting ray almost jumped right out of the tank and into his lap! He screamed and refused to even go anywhere near them after that.





Next the kids really wanted to go on the Motor Safari (tram) so we decided mid afternoon it would be a good break (for a very pregant lady) to sit back and relax for a little while. The kids were thoroughly disappointed that it didn't zoom through the zoo like a rollercoaster, but went slowly and spewed facts about the animals and different zoo exhibits.



Overall it was a great visit to the zoo. It always brings back many memories for me of going the zoo when I was little. We lived about a mile from the zoo growing up and sometimes on a quiet, warm, summer evening we could hear the mighty lions roaring all the way from our house. I also remember taking a short bike ride to the zoo just to simply have a picnic. The zoo has always been a special place and seems to never get old. I bet I can even find a 28 year old picture of Mandy and I going to the zoo together. I couldn't have done this particular trip without her, Thanks Mandy!

No comments: