sunflower

Saturday, February 6, 2010

There Went My Wisdom

On Monday of this week I lost a little wisdom....four little wisdom teeth, actually. I have been putting it off for some time now.

I knew about 8 years ago that they were coming in and I experienced some serious pain as they began crowding my mouth, but over the last eight years my life always seemed a little too busy to have to sit "out" for a week. I was either pregnant or nursing most of those years and it gave me a great excuse to NOT have my wisdom teeth pulled.

Well, now 5 days post-op I am starting to feel slightly back to normal. I opted to not be put out for the surgery so I just had some shots in my mouth to do the numbing. I didn't want to have a nauseous feeling on top of pain in my mouth so that is why I went that route. I have had three prior surgeries (c-sections) so I know about all the noises, pressures and pulling that goes on so I am not easily fazed by them.

It only took less than 50 minutes form start to finish and I was on my way home. My sister had the day off so she so kindly offered to bring me and take me home. I left the office with face numb from my cheeks throughout my entire lower jaw. I couldn't talk at all. I was doing some sign language and lots of pointing. After I arrived home the kids kept a pretty good distance from me. I wish I had taken a picture. I didn't even look like myself. I sat down and leaned over to talk to James and I must had drooled a little. Dylan shot off the couch and said "Daddy, why is Mama drooling?" I laughed, but all day the kids prayed at mealtime that I would "get back to normal" and " be a more normal Mama" soon.

I have been on a liquid diet all week. Lots of jello, yogurt, broth, Italian ice and even some beans...well, baked beans. The funny thing is you couldn't pay me to really eat them before, but after two days of almost not eating at all a friend brought our family a roasted chicken dinner that also included beans. I was starving and knew I needed the protein so I tried them. They were quite possibly the best things I have eaten in a long time! Thanks, Kristie!

Over all the week was pretty calm. I was able to completely relax. James had the whole week off & when he had things to do he just took the little children with him. I am so blessed to have a husband who takes such good care of me in times like these. For better or worse, right?

No comments: