sunflower

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Two Months Already!

I can't believe it's been 2 months already! Little Miss Mackenzie Kate is two months today. These last couple months have really gone by fast! After she was born we had less than a month before we left for vacation in Michigan. We spent two glorious week there and as soon as we came back Brett started school. Getting back into the groove of school and a slightly more structured schedule was nice, but busier. So here we are smack in the middle of September already.
Mackenzie is growing by leaps & bounds. She is by far the easiest baby I have had at this point. She has been sleeping through the night since about 3 weeks old. She now goes to bed between 9-10 p.m. and sleeps until 6-7 a.m. Just last week she started socially smiling and loves to talk. She goes for her 2 months check up & shots next week. I can only imagine how much she must weigh! Her thighs are getting nice and chubby and she is so long she is popping out of 3-6 month size sleepers.

The kids are just in love with her. It's so sweet to bring her down in the morning and to hear the kids all try to get her attention by introducing themselves to her. I have to regulate hugs and kisses because they get a little carried away sometimes. Madison loves to push her in the stroller for walks and Noah loves to make up songs to sing to her. Brett is a great help in a pinch when she needs a cuddle if mommy is busy.



Overall I've had it pretty easy. She take a few long naps during the day and by the time James gets home she is wide awake and ready to play. She has even started to be able to lift her head up so high when on her tummy that she can watch the kids playing all around her and that seems to keep her pretty content. I will be going to get her pictures taken soon too. I haven't done that yet with her...she is the 5th after all;)

No comments: