I have a couple (dozen) posts fighting to be next to be posted but just like the rest of the things around here most were left unfinished. They are just going to have to keep waiting...I found this as I scrolled through this neglected blog. I don't know why it was never posted. It's nothing spectacular. It's not amazing. It just happened to be a great little reminder to me today and I thought I'd share.
Today I have so much to be thankful for. Almost 31 years ago a young woman who I have never met gave birth to me . She chose life and God chose a family for me. So, here I am reflecting on the things I am most thankful for and I can't help but think just how thankful I am to her. I have never met her, I don't know her name or where in the world she is today but I am so thankful to her.
God so carefully orchestrated my conception, birth and life and I can't help but be forever thankful to Him. Of course I'm not thankful every day. I'd love to be but I'm simply not. There were some days in my recent past when I was writhing in pain from kidney stones and wasn't very thankful. I certainly should have been but wasn't. I am thankful that my Heavenly Father loves me despite my unthankfulness if I confess those sins to him.
I have way too much to be thankful for. I have an amazing husband that works so hard to provide for our family and providing for a family of seven isn't an easy task. He loves what he does. Even on his toughest days of work he will come home and help give baths, read stories, fold laundry (that I may have let pile up throughout the day) and even helps get all five little children tucked in their beds. He is a master at baking cheesecakes and could win a Throwdown with Bobby Flay any day.
I am thankful for so much my heart is bursting and I wanted to share it. I'm not a writer and I know my posts have nothing to offer the world, but...I'm a wife, mom, daughter, niece, sister, friend and I'm thankful for those titles and the people I share those relationships with and I have no others words than "Thank You." Thank you God, for all the rich blessings you have poured out to me. I do not deserve even the least of these but am so thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment