Life here in Lasloland has been quite busy. I believe I'm still in a fog from the blizzard this winter. Life seemed to sort of fast forward from that point until now. I almost can't believe it's already June because somewhere in my mind we just celebrated Christmas.
After our first weekend of summer vacation...(which was in the high 90's by the way) we spent Monday the way we spend just about every other day of our lives, outside. It was about quarter to four in the afternoon and the kids were all happily and safely riding their bikes when tragedy struck. I ran inside to grab the sunscreen and Noah came to the front door in a panic. He told me Dylan crashed and was bleeding. I of course told him to tell Dylan he'd be okay, but he then said he couldn't because too much blood was everywhere.
I ran two houses down only to see it was true. Poor Dylan had somehow fallen off his bike and the force sent his face straight into the concrete. His lip was cut open and there was so much blood that it was pooling and clotting right on his swim trunks. I quickly scooped him up and ran to the house. There was so much blood I almost couldn't see into his mouth. When I tried to look I almost passed out. I have been hurt a lot over my life & seen and heard my own surgeries and can handle it, but the sight of other people's blood gets me every time.
I quickly called James to come home and help me because I knew that by the looks of Dylan's other front tooth that was dangling, he needed to be seen by a professional. Dylan already lost a front tooth last fall from an accident. I posted about his experience here. So, James rushed home, changed and he and Dylan were off to the doctor. I waited for what seemed like years to hear any word on what was going on. Finally I received the call that they had to pull Dylan's other from tooth that seemed to be dangling in his tiny mouth and that we'd have to make a return visit in a month to check on another tooth that he knocked loose to see if tightened back up on it's own.
After a few hours my little guy was home with quite possibly the fattest lip I have ever seen. It was frightening, really. We considered taking him into the ER because even after he returned home his poor little lip was still bleeding but stopped just before bedtime. After all he'd been through that day as we were putting the kids to bed Dylan said "I'm glad I could teach Madison & Noah a good lesson of how NOT to ride with no hands." We had been wondering the whole time what exactly happened. What an ordeal, what a kid...glad that was behind us! Or was it?
| This is the next day & about half the size! |
The very next day Noah was riding his bike and managed to skid and take a chunk out of his knee, his elbow and wrist, get complete road rash all along his left arm and somehow managed to scrape his pelvic bone. Noah was a mess. Physically and emotionally. It was a long couple days with little boys on the injured list.
So, if you wondered why I haven't answered the phone all week and thought "what on earth is she doing?" Now you know.
2 comments:
wow. that's all i'm going to say :)
Wow, what sister? Pleeeeease call my cell when you get a chance!
Post a Comment